Quick and warming, low fat, low carb, creamy cauliflower soup.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 2 cups milk, low-fat
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice (or to taste)
- salt, ground black pepper
- Boil cauliflower in hot water for about 5 minutes (to remove unpleasant smell). Drain.
- Add 2 cups chicken stock and thyme and cook until cauliflower is soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and, using a hand held immersion blender, puree the soup (you can also use blender). Add milk and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Boil for one more minute.