If you are on a low carb diet, it doesn’t mean that you have to give up gnocchi. This whole wheat ricotta gnocchi recipe is so quick and easy to make and so tasty.
Whole Wheat Ricotta Gnocchi
- 8 oz (225 g) ricotta cheese
- 3 oz (200 g) whole wheat flour
- 3 oz (200 g) bread flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 oz (30 g) grated parmesan cheese
- a pinch of grated nutmeg
- salt, ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together until you get a soft, moist dough.
- Transfer the mixture onto a floured surface and knead for about three minutes. Roll the dough into a thin sausage shape, and then cut into 1 inch (2cm) long gnocchi.
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the ricotta gnocchi until the gnocchi rise to the surface, about 4-7 minutes. Remove the gnocchi from the pan with a slotted spoon.