Favorite Pasta Alla Vodka with lighter sauce. Instead of heavy cream I used low-fat healthy alfredo sauce. A splash of vodka at the end of cooking heightens the flavor of the tomatoes.
Pasta Alla Vodka
- 1/2 pound Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Vodka
- 1 cup (8 oz) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup healthy alfredo sauce
- a pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in vodka and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add in tomato puree and healthy alfredo sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese to the sauce. Tossing to combine and serve immediately.