Try this low carb eggplant lasagna recipe without noodles.
Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/8 to 3/16-inch thick strips or rounds
- 1 egg
- about 5 ounces (150 g) of bottled soda water
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon of whole-wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 15 oz (450 g) ricotta cheese, fat-free
- 7 oz (200 g) mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups (24 oz) pasta sauce
- Cook eggplant slices in a pot of salted water for about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Pour the soda into a bowl, and stir in egg, all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grease a cookie sheet. Dredge eggplant with flour and coat in the batter. Place coated eggplant onto the prepared cookie sheet and spray the tops with cooking spray. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, then turn the slices over and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until both sides are golden.
- Mix egg and ricotta cheese together in a separate dish.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce on the bottom of 8x8 inch baking dish. Layer eggplants slices, then ricotta mixture, then sauce, then mozzarella. Bake at 350 until bubbling, about 30 minutes.