Chicken in Tomato Sauce is probably my most favorite way to prepare chicken. It is so quick and easy to make and has a flavor of true food served all over Mediterranean.
You can serve it over pasta, rice, mashed potato or polenta. Or just enjoy it with a slice of bread.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- about 2 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 cups prepared tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are about 3/4 inches thick. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge into flour until they are lightly coated.
- Heat olive oil and sunflower oil in a large frying pan. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until they are browned on each side.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the pan. Add garlic. Simmer about 15 minutes more. Serve hot with cooked pasta, mashed potato, rice or polenta. Garnish with chopped parsley (optional).