Creamy, skinny, low-carb, low-fat chicken enchiladas, using chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour tortillas, shredded cooked chicken breast, refried beans, salsa and a blend of cottage cheese, cooking cream, Parmesan cheese and milk. Yum!
- Make a white sauce by mixing cottage cheese, cooking cream, milk and parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Combine 1 cup of enchilada sauce with shredded chicken.
- Spray a small casserole dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/2 cup remaining enchilada sauce into the dish.
- Place 2 tortillas* onto the sauce. Layer half of the refried beans, half of the chicken mixture, 1/3 of the white sauce and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Repeat once to make a total of 2 layers.
- Cover the top with 2 tortillas, topped with the remaining enchilada sauce, 1/3 of the white sauce and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.