Creamy, skinny, low-carb, low-fat chicken enchiladas, using chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour tortillas, shredded cooked chicken breast, refried beans, salsa and a blend of cottage cheese, cooking cream, Parmesan cheese and milk. Yum!
- Make a white sauce by mixing cottage cheese, cooking cream, milk and parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Combine 1 cup of enchilada sauce with shredded chicken.
- Spray a small casserole dish with non-stick spray. Put ½ cup remaining enchilada sauce into the dish.
- Place 2 tortillas* onto the sauce. Layer half of the refried beans, half of the chicken mixture, ⅓ of the white sauce and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Repeat once to make a total of 2 layers.
- Cover the top with 2 tortillas, topped with the remaining enchilada sauce, ⅓ of the white sauce and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Below is nutrition calculation table for Chicken Enchilada Casserole without Chickpea Flour Tortillas.
For Chickpea Flour Tortillas click here.