This simple recipe is made with avocado, pasta, and Italian pesto. Creamy pureed avocado is blended with olive oil, lemon juice and bold, flavor-packed pine nut-basil pesto. It can be served sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
- 1/2 lb pasta of your choice
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Place avocado flesh together with all of the other ingredients in a food processor.
- Drain the pasta. Toss with the sauce and serve immediately. Serve with grated parmesan cheese (optional).