A quick and easy salad with tasty ingredients like avocado, eggs and mayo, yet lower in fat because of Greek yogurt added to the dressing.
Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
Serves: 4 sandwiches
- 1 avocado, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 8 slices of whole wheat toast or bread
- 1-2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- salt, pepper to taste
- few lettuce leaves
- Combine avocado with eggs, light mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper.
- Spread the egg salad on a toast or bread slice, add lettuce leaves, and top with an additional slice of toast or bread.