In our family we make this hazelnut bundt cake for every holiday. I made it over to make it diabetic friendly. Enjoy!
- 7 Tbsp (100 g) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (60 g) hazelnuts, roasted and ground
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour (or 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fructose sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt butter and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine hazelnuts with whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and baking powder.
- Mix eggs and fructose sugar. Add melted butter, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in flour mixture (do not overmix). Pour into a buttered and floured bundt pan (3 lb).
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
I just made this cake again, this time with spelt flour instead of whole wheat and all-purpose flour, and it was much better. Spelt tastes almost the same as white wheat flour, while whole wheat was a little bit bitter-tasting.