Two days ago I had some blueberries and needed to make a quick and uncomplicated dessert. I was in a hurry and had no time for experiments, so I followed Martha Stewart’s recipe for blueberry crisp. I skipped the part where it says we should, using our hands, squeeze topping pieces together into clumps. That is why my crisp topping didn’t look as nice as hers, but it was very tasty. I certainly recommend this recipe to everyone.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- a pinch of salt
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine softened
- 4 Tablespoons sugar or sweetener
In a bowl, combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and lemon zest. Transfer to a baking dish.
In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Stir together flour, oats, baking powder, and salt and combine with butter mixture. Squeeze topping pieces together into clumps and sprinkle over blueberry filling.
Bake for about 1 hour or until brown on top and bubbling in center.