Simple vegan Blueberry Cobbler, sugar-free and low-fat.
- 2 cups blueberries
- sweetener (like Stevia or Splenda) equal to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sweetener equal to 2 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter (or vegan margarine)
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine blueberries, sugar substitute, vanilla, lemon zest and water in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer, stirring, until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 Tbsp water and add to blueberries mixture. Bring to boil. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour into lightly buttered pie dish (or 4 ramekins for individual servings) and cover with topping.
- TOPPING: Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar substitute and butter in a food processor or by hand until the mixture is crumbly. Add milk and process until the mixture just holds together.
- Using your hands, shape small pieces of dough and lay them on top of the filling.
- Bake until golden, about 30 minutes.